Sunday, January 15, 2012

Delayed - Friday Fav

It's Friday!!! (really it's Sunday now, shoot.)  Sorry I've been away from here for a few days.  I caught some cold bug last week and it decided to stick around through this week - ugh.  It actually got the best of me on Tuesday and Wednesday, meaning I spent all day in bed catching up some zzz's, The Bachelor and The Real World: San Diego.  Without a tv and cable, I'm sorta left to the online world of watching my weakness shows the day after they air, or months after.  But I suppose that's what sick days are all about :)

As I was coughing up a lung, trying to reduce the inflammation in my cheeks, attempting to keep my eyes from watering, and wishing I could sip some soup (anything tasted awful), I was in need of some care-taking type love.  As you all know, I'm 2,000+ miles away from home and don't have my Mum around to take care of me, so who was up to the task - Mike!  Yup that boy I moved here for came over armed with the get-better-essential (or my sick day favorite), Ginger Ale!  He was sweet enough to not worry about the snot on my sweatshirt, the mascara pasted all over my eyes from two days prior, and of course was still willing to hug my sicky self.

Because it's Friday (now Sunday) and on Fridays I like to recap something I learned or something I fell for over the last week ... Here is my Friday Fav (beyond my love for ginger ale) > I learned that when you're body is out of commission and your mind isn't up to the task of thinking, the best thing you can do for yourself is not worry about a single thing.  As a 26-year-old trying to get by with the pennies in my pocket and the bills by my door, this "remove yourself from thinking" mentality isn't all that easy, but I promise you it's necessary and the only thing that will get you by.

I hope you're all having a wonderful (and healthy) weekend!
                                                                        Source: Uploaded by user via Lindy on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment