Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Fav - G6

Happy Friday!!! First and foremost, this week has been an amazing one. I'm not sure if it was having my first Guest Blog Post (found by clicking here) over at Rustic Living, the country songs I've been blasting at 6:30am while waking up, or that I have my car back vs. the Chevy Impala I was presented as my rental for a week, but either way I've got no complaints!

Without further ado, ladies and gents, family and friends ... it's time for Friday Fav!!! This Friday Fav is a special one to me. You see, I'm a firm believer in things happen for a reason, things come into our lives for a certain reason, and things pan out the way they do (both good and bad) due to some sort of reason. Moving to Baltimore was something I never even imagined. To be honest, I never had high expectations of this city, and thought why would someone call B-more home when NYC is only a few hours north? This is where one of those reasons come into play.

Reading my post subject line, you might be thinking I'm about to start talking about the band Far East Movement or that I've recently purchased a twin-engine jet airplane (aka the Gulfstream G650), but sadly both are incorrect. G6 is code for someone who might be reading this right now (O Hey), but also code for someone who is one of the many reasons I am so thankful I made this move and met this amazing soul. So who is this ever-so-amazing G6? She is a woman everyone wants to be more like, a friend everyone wants by their side, a volunteer all organizations strive to find, and without a doubt one of the most hilarious and caring human beings wrapped into one perfect package.

Today's Friday Fav is all about G6.  Not only did I fall for her when I first started working and saw the energy and dedication tucked behind her humor, but I've also learned so much from her. G6 has a way of looking at a problem or situation and seeing the bigger picture that most of us forget to include.  She brings everything down to reality, points out the obvi, and states her opinion. There is nothing more I respect in a person than ownership, and G6 makes sure whatever she is working on or has been handed is given all she has to give, plus 50 more hours.

It's little notes that make your day/week, and G6 always has one to surprise me when I least expect it - "u should consider writing a book/ novel - not a sappy love story , but a "getting through life "kinda book . Think about it - you really are gifted - don't let it go to waste! Keep blogging :)"

It's not everyday someone says to keep up the good work, or whatever it is you're doing I'm a fan, but G6 just know I'm one of your biggest fans and thankful you're one of the many reasons I love B-more!

Thank you for all you do to keep me laughing and learning!
Have an amazing weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment