Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Fav - Mother's Day

Happy Friday!!! I'm having the best time with my mum and can't wait to enjoy the weekend with her not only having some time away from work to just enjoy our time together, but I'm also looking forward to Mother's Day. Today's Friday Fav is dedicated to everything I've learned and loved about my mom!

I usually try to keep things on the ol' blog low key during the weekends ... actually I'm just being upfront and letting you know I'll be soaking up the sun and avoiding my computer this weekend, so I'm skipping ahead and writing my Mother's Day post today.

Being that my mum is in town and we get to celebrate Mother's Day together, I wrote this little ditty to the volunteers earlier today who are the backbone of my job. It's dedicated to my mum and all the mothers out there!

Since Mother's Day is around the corner, I have a little something to say. Being biased, I have the best mother a girl/daughter could ask for and I feel beyond fortunate that my mom is not only one of my best teachers and fans, but she is my best friend. Since my start date at my job, I've looked at Mother's Day through a different lens and realized what this day has become to me - Mother's Day is not only a day, which in my mind should stretch out for an entire year, to celebrate all of our wonderful mothers, grandmothers, and if we're lucky great-grandmothers, but now a day full of celebration and utmost admiration for the amazing women who have carved out our paths and supported us every step of the way. Being on the end of the phone line where I often hear, "I want to get involved in honor of my mom," my heart breaks.

The feeling and thought that sinks in my heart imagining a world without my mom is more than terrifying. The lessons she has taught me, the spark of energy she sends my way, and of course the never ending love she has provided me has been the best gift ever!

This weekend, I want to say Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mothers, grandmothers, and possibly great-grandmothers! This weekend, I also want to say Happy Mother's Day to those we have lost. When I think about my great-grandmothers, I think about everything these women did and gave up to raise my grandmothers, which leads me to think about everything they did and gave up for my parents, which of course makes me realize (once again) just how amazing Mothers are!

This weekend, I hope you are all able to spend some time with your moms, and if not, definitely do something that would make them smile and be proud!

Four generations bundled in one picture!

 Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment