Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Fav - Summer Bucket List

Happy Friday and Happy Summer! While summer doesn't quite mean the same for those managing the 8 - 5 routine, it does mean you soak up every hour where the sun is still shining and the weekends can't come soon enough. For me, summer is the perfect getaway even if you can't get away.

Friday Fav - Summer Bucket List

Summer to me is all about the sun, the sand, and the smell of a mowed lawn. Being in an office for 8 hours every day, living 3 hours away from the nearest beach, and not have a yard to maintain ... well I really don't get the feel of summer I crave. This time around, I plan on crossing off a few bucket list items that I've held onto all winter long. 

1) Finding a lake. Yup, I'm going to drive however long it takes to dip my toes, and entire body, in a lake. See, I'm not much of an ocean girl. Living closer to the ocean might seem like a draw for most, but I'd rather find myself tucked between the mountains and enjoy the calmness of a lake. Yup, I'm gonna find one. 
What I like to call the Montana Belly Flop.
April and I after a long hike in Utah.
2) I'm going to take a lot of pictures. What kind of summer bucket list is that you ask? It's one I need to work on. I never take pictures. I have a hard remembering what last year looked like, or all of the places I've been, and this needs to end. Hopefully over the next few months you'll have a better idea of where I live, what I like to do and what memories I made. 
Oh Hey!
3) I'm going to indulge in this. Lots of this.

4) I'm going to go for a drive, sing my heart out, and push repeat 5 gazillion times.

5) And no matter how fast these next few months fly by, the things I forgot to do, and the nights I wish lasted longer, I'm not giving up on this. I'm going to soak up the sun.
False
Happy Summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment