Monday, May 31, 2010

My Memorial Day.

This Memorial Day will definitely be spent thinking about the men and women who have and are serving our country, but it will also be spent remembering everything in my life for which I am grateful. I really have no strong military connections, nor did I ever ponder the possibility of joining the service, but I have often thought about my daily routine versus a soldiers. I wake up, fill my belly with breakfast, go to work, fill my belly up again with lunch lovin', finish my work to do's, head home, think about working out/sometimes workout, fill my belly up again with dinner and contemplate how I'm going to relax before soaking up some zzz's. 'Tis the life of working 8 - 5. I can't complain. I have a schedule that doesn't surprise me with midnight shootings, a who knows what hour suicide bomber, pondering how much longer "everything" is going to be going on, or having a country however many miles away complaining about a war when I am in the fact the only person who knows what life is like in the midst of this criticized desert.

Whatever the day is and whatever time it might be, remember who is fighting for your right to speak, act and live in a world where you may have never known anything different. This is my Memorial Day. I am beyond blessed to live where my days are measured in hours of sleeping, eating, working, playing and relaxing. All of which are surrounded by my friends, made-up families away from my real family and loved ones who are within reach of planned out weekend. Thank you from however many miles away we are for providing me a life I often take for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment