Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day

Say it ain't so ... I can't remember the last time I had a snow day. Let me think, oh ya back when I was in the 5th grade. Snow days simply don't exist when fluff balls are part of your state's four seasons. In Baltimore, the sign of one flake closes down every school in sight.

If you can't already tell, my tone hasn't started off on the highest level. Snow days aren't what they used to be, and definitely a lot different when you become an (dum dum dum) adult.

My boss sent us all a text last night saying, "Having just ventured out to the woodpile, there is ample evidence we are experience the Blizzard of 2011. So I declare tomorrow a SNOW DAY!" Let me say, my smile last night was bigger than it's ever been. I retreated back to my 5th grade self and thought of the endless possibilities awaiting my night and day ahead. I baked oatmeal cookies - too bad I left out the baking soda and salt (already a sign things aren't going as planned). Second, I remembered staying up until at least 2 am, maybe even pulled the infamous all-nighter, but nope last night midnight struck and I was out with my contacts glued to my eyes. Then I wake up this morning to a laundry pile screaming "wash me," a thirst for coffee and of course I topped off my creamer yesterday morning, and above all no sled, tube or skis packed away in a secret closet. This simply can't be true. I want to rush outside and carve a snow angel, I want to pile up a bazillion blocks of snow in order to make the best igloo on the street, I want hot cocoa bursting out of a volcano (no cocoa powder in my cupboard, ugh), I want to call all my friends and say "come over we must build a fort," and if nothing else, I want to not have to log onto my computer, check my work email, work on my latest projects and know that if I don't contribute something valuable, I'm not getting paid. Oh to grow up.

The only thing I could do to cheer up my Sour Sally mood was to step outside and snap away >





If the forecast stays true, this weekend I'm digging out my ski pants, purchasing a sled, mixing some chocolaty goodness and saying sianara work :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a good dump of snow! A snow day sounds great but definitely more fun when you have a sled and snowpants! I love the idea of building a fort and I am so glad that there is someone out there who has baked without baking powder and suffered the consequences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeeeeets
    You seem to make Life so Fun,And now Your committed to taking Pics of Sledding and posting them, Is this the Storm that's making Natl News, Pretty Weak (jk.) Be Careful Driving and Stay Warm....
    Love Pops

    ReplyDelete