Saturday, January 29, 2011

Rev it up

It is definitely January over here on the east and we're all suffering from dry skin, rosy cheeks and crunchy snow. Wherever you walk, you're either stepping in a foot of slush or bracing your paws on the ice. It's a rough world out there, but it is a beautiful one.

Whether it's the scorching heat of summer or negative temperatures in the winter, I love sitting in the passenger seat next to someone I love. I grew up sitting next to my Pops while driving the neighborhoods of Utah wishing someday I could live in one of the many McMansions out there. Years passed by and I found myself falling in love with riding in the passenger seat all over again...

So going back to the dead-heat of summer or freezing-seats of winter, I'm looking outside my bedroom window and find myself wanting nothing more than to drive up and down every street in Maryland. When it's hot, I want the A/C and the music blasting. When it's cold, I want to wake up at 3 am, warm up the snowplow (which I don't have, but would like), sit with the one I love, and clear the roads until sunrise. I don't know what it is about watching the world pass by from the passenger seat that I can't get enough of, but whatever it is, I fall in love every summer and winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment