Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Girly Girl

I used to pretend I wasn't a "girly girl," and didn't mush or ooo and awww over romantic things, but then I would go home and fill a bowl up with ice cream and plop myself in front of A Walk to Remember. I lived for so-called "girly" things. Heck, I am a girl why wouldn't I live in all of these wonderful, over dramatic stories?

Okay so that was a bad intro, but it served the purpose. I am a girly girl. I want all things romantic and tear jerking. I wanted nothing more than to be swept off my feet. This was during my closet days of pretending - I thought being an independent woman meant the world was at my fingertips and I would spend my days happy and alone. Como what? Ya, I know. Ridiculous. I was swept off my feet, I was taken back my one boy, I was twirled around town ... okay this is getting too Disney like. But, I fell in love and I couldn't believe it.

So I'm a few months shy of one year of being in the same city as Mike. I still can't believe, but I like it. What does being in the same place mean? I kinda forgot what long-distance dating was like (we did this for a year while I lived in Colorado). Well let me just say I received a big ole slap in the face reminder about life in two cities. Mike has been in Vegas for 5 days and returns tomorrow. Phew! I didn't think I would miss him like I have. I didn't think I'd ever crave going out to dinner or making an ice cream run the way I have these past few nights. I didn't think I'd want nothing more than to just talk and talk and talk to him on the phone. I didn't think I would hate Vegas the way I do right now. I'm ready for our Monday night dinner date, I'm ready to swing by Coldstone and copy his creation, and most of all I'm ready for this boy to be back in town doing all of the cute things that he does.

Yup, this might just be the corniest post I've written. But heck, I'm a girl, I'm thinking you're a girl, and we all secretly love a good "girly girl" story.
Halloween - We went as Squints and Wendy Peffercorn 

2 comments:

  1. WHATTTT!! It's already been a year since you moved out there? Oh my goodness, time seriously does fly!

    Moving past the shock, I am so happy for you! Congratulations on the up-coming one year of living in Baltimore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! So cute. :) You guys look awesome together!!

    ReplyDelete