Monday, May 23, 2011

The Great Dogbate

You see these faces?

I want them. I want their puppy face, their bad face, their you're the best dog in the world face, their you make my world face, their growing old with me face, their protective face, their mischievous face, and of course their I'm yours and your mine face. 

I've been facing this debate about whether I'm ready to get one or not. I've wanted a pup for the past two years now. I've felt ready for the past two years. But all of the sudden, I'm feeling even more and even more ready. I think it's go time. 

I received word that a litter from a wonderful breeder (took me days to find one I was 100% confident in) will be born in July meaning August could bring a little bundle of joy into my open arms. 

Really this isn't a debate. I know I want one. I know I'm ready. I think I just needed to write to myself to say,  "Brittanie, go for it! What are you waiting for?"

5 comments:

  1. I have been aching for a puppy of my own too!! Really badly! My families dog died last summer and I've been dying without one since. Unfortunately I'm not in a position where I could get a dog right now. :'( I hope you get one!!! They're a lot of work, but oh so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it!!! Kota says she wants a long-distance friend. And really, what are you waiting for?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I'm just waiting for her to be born :) Kota would make the best long-distance friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I think I'm the same way. I am so sure that I travel too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. skip the breeder and rescue a dog!!! they are the sweetest pups ever and you've spared a life :)!!!

    ReplyDelete