Monday, July 18, 2011

When a best friend sends you the best gift of all ...

Today was something special. Something I can't even believe, but something I simply can't stop smiling about. I received a text from one of my best friend's, Megan, over the weekend asking if I received a package.

(As a side note, Megan and I have been friends since 2007 when we were both fulfilling an internship at CASA as Guardian ad Litems. We became attached at the hip shortly after - from workouts to birthday dates, to boy drama to girl drama, from halloween adventures to taking care of beta fish disaster :( we were amigas like no other.)

Back to the story -  I ran my legs to the basement to check the mail room for any delivered packages, and after searching up and down and wall to wall in an empty room, there was no package in sight. I'm not sure if Baltimore is the last stop, but packages, mail, anything related to delivery seems to be a hassle to receive or ship (but that's another story).

So today I rushed home, ran straight for the mail room, and came across a perfect little cardboard box with my name Sharpied on it. Next thing you know, I'm in my room carefully cutting the tape away from the box only to find a cute little book inside:
Oh this is too perfect. It was only a few weeks prior that I stubbled across the words, Megan went from being "In a Relationship" to "Engaged" on Facebook!!! I was beyond ecstatic. My heart was full of so much love after reading this update and knowing the amazing adventure and life ahead for Megan and Logan. After going over the engagement deets with Megan on the phone she said, "Brittanie, I want you to know that I want you to be in my wedding!" Oh goodness, gravy I thought I was going to have to press help for an oxygen tank. I was so happy and was honored to be asked to be a part of her big day!

Well the story doesn't stop there. Upon receiving The Everything Bridesmaid Book, I started to flip through the pages when I saw just how cute Megan was to surprise me with little post-it notes on specific pages of the book. Oddly enough, I was flipping through the book backwards and came across the last post-it note stuck on the Maid of Honor page and read this,
"Will you please by my Maid of Honor? xoxo Meg"
Oh my goodness, gracious!!! I still can't believe it! I would love nothing more than to be Megan's Maid of Honor and to help her through the wedding planning, prep, nerves, stressors, joys, tears, you name it! I might stress over the small stuff myself, but when it comes to my best friend's Big Day, there is nothing more that I want than to be by her side and help her every step of the way!

There is always a little surprise knocking at the door when you least expect it. Megan, I simply can't thank you enough for this honor and I can't wait to watch you walk down the aisle on August 4, 2012! You have been one of the most amazing friends a girl could ask for and I can't wait for the memories that are about to be made!

XOXO,
B








4 comments: