Monday, February 27, 2012

Baking Soda for Your Face

Baking soda for your face, say what?  I know, I know.  I went out on a limb last night and after painting my nails (thank you O.P.I. "Call Your Mother") I thought my face needed a little love.  So after browsing Pinterest, finding an at home face "glowing remedy," I found this:
Make your skin glow with an easy home remedy in 5 min. here’s the recipe: 3 TBSP baking soda 1 TBSP water mix together well. apply to face in circular motion. let sit for five minutes. rinse off with warm water. say hello to healthy, glowing skin! Do this once a week.

Which then lead to finding myself looking like this:


All I can say is it slightly-burned for 3 of the 5 minutes, I was nervous to see what my face looked like underneath, and I could only question this "love" for my face...

Let's sure hope over the next few hours my glow really does mimic the picture I followed:

4 comments:

  1. At first I thought ooh let me try, but then you said it burned and I'm scared now.
    Let me know how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jennifer! So I'll have to say after the few minutes of burning, and washing off which felt amazing, my skin actually had a glowing tint to it. It feels so smooth today so I think I'll keep it up! You'll have to let me know if you try it and what you think (P.S. My skin is pretty sensitive so I was nervous I would break out in a rash or massive breakout and thankfully neither happened!)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted this! I saw it on Pinterest and wanted to try it tonight!

    ReplyDelete