Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Fav - Moments

Happy Friday! This week I didn't catch up on the sleep I was craving, didn't make delicious dinners like I had planned, and certainly didn't say hi to the gym like my body needed. This week, I gave some time to myself to just let things happen. If I needed to cry, I knew where I'd find some Kleenex. If I needed a mental break from life, I painted my nails. And if I wanted Qdoba, I went there 2 nights in a row. Oh ya, and if I needed to see someone else smile, I made sure to watch Oprah's Favorite Things episode.

This show made me happy and Mike ill. I felt love inside my heart for the gifts these attendees received, and Mike felt sick that a motorized bike and $10,000 earrings brought joy to one's life.

And then it hit me ... He was right (I never let this happen).

And then I saw this quote:


And then I remembered that while Christmas is around the corner, and the season of gift giving can't be escaped, there really isn't one gift that would make my life complete. As much as I have learned this past year through my dad, friendships, Mike, and the little moments in between, it's truly not about the gifts that make this season so magical - it's the moments we create.

To that, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and remember what really fills up the heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment