Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Fav - International Women's Day

Happy Friday! Today's Friday Fav is short and sweet. It's about the women in our lives, near and far. It's about the women who came before us, and the women who came before them. It's about the road that has been paved, the footsteps we leave behind, and the impact we all have on one another.

Friday Fav - Happy International Women's Day! 
 
This year's focus is A Promise is a Promise: Time for action to end violence against women.
 
I've written a post about today for the past 2 years (well I cheated a did a re-post last year), but this year I'm taking my personal focus for women internationally on The Big C.
 
Working in the world of breast cancer awareness, I am inspired by women (and men) daily who have battled this disease, fought hard, and walked away as a survivor. I'm also inspired by those who sadly lost their lives too soon. These women, these fighters, are the ones who make what I do so important. From our next door neighbors to women across the seas, cancer doesn't care. We need to make sure all of our lives aren't cut short. We need to support and celebreate one another.
 
Girls, today is for us!
Let's lift our glasses, toast to the past, smile about our future, and live our best lives. 
 
Enjoy these videos.
 
 
 

I hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend ahead!
Want to learn more about International Women's Day? Click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment