Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day, Mum!

A Mother is the one who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.

Today, I am so thankful and fortunate to have the opportunity to be with my Mum! The minute she arrived in town is the second I already started dreading her departure. When you live a gazillion miles apart you really have to savor the time you do have together. Today, I'll be taking many second glances at her, smiling and reminding myself just how lucky I am to call her mine. 

Mum, thank you for stepping up to the plate this last year to take care of me when so many stepped back, thank you for giving me the support and extra push to get me where I am today, thank you for showing me that age is nothing but a number and to know life you've really got to go out on a limb and live it, thank you for taking care of me no matter how "grown up" I am, thank you for showing me that through any storm we still have one another, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing me that moms and daughters can truly be best friends.

 Mum, I love you and only can hope to someday be the mother and friend you've been to me!


1 comment: