Monday, April 26, 2010

I wish.

Please watch >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaH5LCK_M4A
Now read >
"I wish I could share all the love that's in my heart, remove all the bars that keep us apart. I wish I could say all the things that I should say, say 'em loud say 'em clear for the whole wide world to hear. I wish I could give all I'm longing to give. I wish I could live like I'm longing to live. I wish I could do all the things that I can do. I know I'm way over due, I'd be starting a new."
While I may not be the biggest sipper, guzzler or fan of pop, Coke really came out on top in my book after releasing this commercial. I believe the message embedded within this beautiful voice sums up what I want most. 
1) I want to show those who mean the most to me, inspire me, and push me how much love I have in my heart for them. I also want this weight of love so heavy within each of us to be enough (and hopefully strong enough) to break such "bars" separating us. Sounds idealistic and a little too lofty in a land full of disrespect, but at the end of each day we go to bed hoping for something better and brighter with the dawn ahead of us. Right? 
2) I have a mouthful of words I would love to express to everyone I know, may one day know and most likely will never meet. People's paths cross for a reason. I especially know this one to be true! But when it comes down to the issues and interests most evident in my veins, I know my words may not be enough. Violence, abuse, awareness, education, health and safety, refugee resettlement services and Female Genital Mutilation are areas of concern of mine. I despise what hurt these words have caused and continue to inflict. To end on a positive note and something I'm finding more and more upsetting ... dinner. Each of these areas will be highlighted in further detail on a future post, but to keep the positive vibes running whether you are alone, living with roommates or bustling around with a family of 6+ members, remember the importance of dinner and making an effort to enjoy this time. I've realized this living on my own. 
3) It couldn't be said any better. "I wish I could give all I'm longing to give. I wish I could live like I'm longing to live." I wish nothing more than this for everyone. Give as much as you can and live as you long to live. Don't let grades, critics, bosses, organizations, friends (who probably aren't the best of friends, if at all a friend from the start), anyone and everyone who has tried to hold you back make an appearance in your life by telling you what you are and what you should be. You have one chance to make this life worth your while and everything you want it to be. . . make it just that. 
4) "I wish I could do all the things that I can do." This is where my line is drawn and a new piece of paper is needed. I will continue wishing every morning for a day full of adventures, lessons, challenges and opportunities. You will never know what you're capable of until you push yourself further than you ever have. At this point, you have to stop wishing and start acting. Do what you want to do. Make a list. Make another list. And make sure each day you're giving everything you have to everything you want and to everyone you wish. 


Candle Image

1 comment: