Saturday, November 20, 2010

I would like to thank...

Good Morning!

Today I woke up realizing Thanksgiving is only a few days away. This has never been my favorite holiday/day, but the older I get and the further I go from home I find myself counting down the hours until we can all say "Thanks!" I'm all about traditions and even more excited when I can start something new. This year, while I'm growing to appreciate Thanksgiving I will be smiling at everything I am thankful for. To give you a hint, here is a list (short and sweet):

- I am (so) thankful for Mike. I am thankful our paths crossed in a random city at a random bar, and we have had the will to be there for each other no matter what. I am thankful he makes me laugh, watches Glee with me, suppresses his cravings for sushi around me, drives me everywhere, tells me I'm beautiful, gives me my space, lets me stare at others without judging me (or showing his judgement), sings to me, laughs at my jokes, lets me play country music in his car, tells me he will cook for me one day, lets me iron if we're running late, writes me letters only one could dream of, and I can't go without saying > he shows me what it means to love your best friend.

- I am very thankful I was given the family I have. My parents are out-of-this-world amazing! They listen to my every word, support my actions, believe in my boldness, advise me when to step back, give me room to breathe financially, reply to my mass amount of emails (youtube clips, recipes, quotes, you name it), teach me lessons they've learned the hard way, won't let me fall, fly me home or pick me up when I'm homesick, purchased the life I like to call "mine" and above all love me!

- I am thankful for my friends! Whether one is reading a book with me, one journals with me, one cooks for me, one drinks coffee with me, one travels with me, one runs with me, one grew up with me, or one motivates me - In the end, they all are there for me!

-  I am thankful God created animals. Without having pets as a child, I'm not sure I would look at the world the way I do now. I hope to always be surrounded by love from a dog.

- I am thankful I have a personality that is influenced by others. I am thankful I want to learn from those who draw inspiration. I am thankful that while some people are cold, I am emotionally driven and don't stray far from people's needs/feelings.

- I am thankful for age/growth/maturity/wrinkles. I never want to look back on past years. I'm always looking ahead and with this I'm excited for future years. Give me 32, give me 102 ... I simply can't wait.

- I am thankful I have moved. I'm not sure what my life would look like if I didn't, but it's definitely a picture I'm glad was never painted. I have learned more about myself by packing up and saying goodbye than I knew was possible. I know what it means to be a friend, to make memories and to jump over (and maybe under) hurdles by testing out two new cities.

- I am thankful for nail polish, brooms and early bedtimes. When I want to relax, I paint my nails. I love looking down and seeing color. If my life seems to be dull, I'll realize my nails are painted clear. I enjoy cleaning, but I love sweeping. I don't like socks, which means I like walking barefoot = Together, this means I love clean floors. I am a morning person. I will never be night owl, nor do I care to be. I like going to bed early knowing the next day will hold all of my energy.

- And because I said this would be short and sweet, I am thankful for being me. I like everything I've learned up until now and the person I've become. I know my flaws, I know what I need to work on, and I know what is not worth my time. I know where I want to go and how I am going to get there. I love knowing wherever I'm headed or whatever I'm doing, I have the 8 things above with, by and forever supporting me.

1 comment: