Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Fav - Flashback

Happy Friday!!! I'm not sure how today already crept up (again), but (again) I'm a-okay with it! This week was wonderful! The weather was perfect, work was productive, groceries were bought, I received 3 different packages on 3 different days, and I'm a pretty lucky gal who has pretty amazing family and friends.

Mmmmk, so onto today's all-over-the-map Friday Fav. This one is a little different not because I didn't learn or fall in love with something this past week, but because today reminded me that tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day and when thinking about this day, I was reminded of Australia.  To clear up this puzzle - I once celebrated St. Patrick's Day in Australia (see photo above).

As a college-student, it was my dream to study abroad. (It was also my dream to be a billionaire, traveling the world fighting for women, and treating myself to a chai latte every morning.) My dream about studying abroad became a reality in 2006 when I ventured to Sydney, Australia, for 7 1/2 months. This was one of the best times of my life and I continue to look back on it and thank my parents for dishing over the pesos simply so I could experience my young-adult days in another country.

I'll have to write about my "life" abroad someday, but in honor of today's Friday Fav, Australia and the memories made by this country flashed me back to the love and many lessons I learned during this adventure. It was the idea of studying abroad, and sticking by my idea, that has and always will be one of my greatest loves and lessons learned! I'm currently pondering my next idea/dream/adventure, but in the meantime - Happy St. Patrick's Day and have an amazing weekend!!!

                                                                                Source: weheartit.com via Brittanie on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment