Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Fav - Give Yourself a 30

Happy Friday, Folks! It's been awhile since I've been on here. Some days I consider putting this whole blog in the corner, but right now I know it's a temporary neglect due to my hectic work schedule. Soon I'll be back on track talking, I mean writing, your ear off :)

So what's been on my mind this last week? Well I've learned one thing during this crazy storm called "Juggling Work and Life" - You've gotta remind yourself that time for you might possibly be the best part of your day. I realize it sounds like something Dr. Phil would spit out, but when you have a few short minutes just for you, you really learn to love every second!

Back tracking a bit, girls are always asked, "How long does it take you to get ready?" I'm not sure why we're asked this, and don't really care unless it's some totem pole notch of honor. Sometimes I just want to reply, "long," and see where the conversation goes, but it's true. I don't take 3 hours, but I definitely can't fit everything into an hour. I wish there was some elaborate dress and golden tan that was the final product, but truly what takes so long is this little time that I take for me. Yup, every morning, no matter how late I'm running (okay sometimes this isn't true), I give myself a 30. Thirty-minutes of music listening, dancing, oatmeal eating, coffee sipping, tv watching, country music video singing, or simply just laying on the floor wishing I could crawl back into bed. I prefer to have 30 minutes of just me time, but if I've got company than I'm more than happy to share.

This week, in the midst of being busier than I can juggle, I've still stood by my "me time" and learned to really appreciate 30 minutes of breathing.

With today about to pick up, take over, and leave me wishing I had another 8 hours to work, I'm learning to love my "Give Yourself a 30" time more than ever.

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend, and whether it's tomorrow morning or the pain of Monday's a.m., try to give yourself a little break to do just what you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment