Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Fav - Taking Comfort In.

Happy Friday, All. It's another week down, and another week that I'm still in disbelief. I'm having a tough time getting through this pain and accepting my new reality. I'm having a tough time not having my Pops here.

Through the last week, I've put the blog aside and found comfort in writing in my journal. I've gone to work, but taken comfort in knowing I don't need to be 100% present. I've cried more than I ever have, but taken comfort in knowing this is okay. I've relied on my family, friends and Mike more than I thought I would need, but I've taken comfort in their listening and support.

I've also taken comfort in this song, The Wailin' Jennys - "Bird Song." If I think about or attempt to play the songs that my Pops listened to I immediately break down. This song brings a sense of comfort knowing this is my Pops. Nothing put a bigger smile on his face than watching the seasons change, the sun wake him up, counting the stars at night, and asking if I took time to see the beauty in geese soar the sky (yes geese ha). 

Today's Friday Fav is all about Taking Comfort In. . . In Whatever Makes You Smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment