Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Fav - A Whole Lot of Love

Happy Friday! There's something about a holiday thrown into the week that makes my smile a little bigger. It also helps that this holiday is coated in chocolate and spent celebrating my favorite Valentine, Mike. Being that his birthday is on Valentine's Day, we tend to celebrate things a little differently, but we still say a lot of I love you's. Those are a must.

This week while wrapping up Mike's birthday gift and topping his cake off with his sprinkles, I couldn't help but think about life, love ... and happiness. A lot of this thinking also came while browsing the Quotes category of Pinterest.

(Warning, this could be a cheesy post.)

Friday Fav - A Whole Lot of Love


I talk a lot about my life on here and what's gone this year without my dad. One thing that I skip over while immediately heading for Sad Town is what I do have going for me, rather than what I don't. Today you're in for a treat, because I've got a whole lot of love.

I have the most amazing family. I know we're all biased, but I really think God handed me the best one. I love going through my baby albums, awkward teenage photos, and various moves across the country realizing how supportive they have been through every part of my life. The best gift I received is to have been given my family.

I have a guy who keeps my heart and belly happy. He knows how to make me laugh, keep my blood boiling, surprise me with a clean house, and above all he takes care of me. He's the kind of guy you dream about finding. He's the guy you love to love.

I have friends who get me where I need to go. I've got amigas across the world (serious on this) who while scattered really far feel like they're only next door. You know you've found a gem of a friend when they send you a Bieber Valentine, take pictures of golden retrievers they see and send you your daily fix, call you for a 3-minute chat and end up with a $15 long-distance bill, and are the ones who show up for days when you need them the most.

And last but not least, I have a life that I truly do love. When I think of everywhere I've been, the things I've done, the classes I've taken, the projects I've signed up for, the people I've met, the heartbreaks I've felt, the adventures I've gone on, and all of the unexpected happenings that have crept in between, I am still smiling.

With a world spinning out-of-control around me, I realize the most important thing that I have control over is my life. And with that, I'm so glad it's surrounded by love ... and whole lot of it!
                                                                             Source: modernhepburn.tumblr.com via Brittanie on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment